pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> Connections
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Connections
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:03 pm Reply with quote
mj1856

Hi, I just got my HD-3000 today, and I am curious about the "R/M" port. Is this for some kind of remote control or IR support? What advantage would that have vs. serial-port driven IR?

Also, can someone describe the typical connections that need to be made for audio? I notice there is an AUDIO IN and AUDIO OUT port, and the card shipped with a patch cable, so I'm guessing it should somehow be used in conjunction with the sound card, but this doesn't quite make sense to me.

I figured that the audio would just stay in digitial format with the video stream. If I'm using MythTV, then wouldn't my sound card be operated independantly of the audio on the tuner? And if so, then what's the point of an AUDIO OUT port?

I couldn't find any documentation relating to the hardware installation or connections - just the stuff about the drivers.

Thanks,
Matt
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:23 pm Reply with quote

the audio I believe is for NTSC mode only.
The RM port (from other capture cards I have) is for a remote. I would imagine the cx88.. chip supports the remote. If you already have a serial port receiver I would stick with that. If not I would probably buy a serial port reciever instead of finding a compatible ir diode for the card.

I didn't really find much documentation at all either and I am still trying to get it to work.
Connections
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics