pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> Analog Cable?
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Analog Cable?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:40 pm Reply with quote
lanrover

It is said that the 2000 and 3000 pick up OTA NTSC broadcasts.
I also read in the FAQ that the board does not support (encoded) digital cable or satellite, understandable.

But what about analog cable? It is NTSC broadcast (IIRC) and would plug straight into the rf/coax port just like in old TVs. Has anyone tried this?

I am looking to get a HD-3000 just to view basic cable on my home entertainment PC. I'm not too worried about HDTV, as I doubt there are HD broadcasts in my area (Tri-Cities area, WA)

thanks,

Lan Rover
Re: Analog Cable?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Arrta

lanrover wrote:
I also read in the FAQ that the board does not support (encoded) digital cable or satellite, understandable.

But what about analog cable? It is NTSC broadcast (IIRC) and would plug straight into the rf/coax port just like in old TVs. Has anyone tried this?

I am looking to get a HD-3000 just to view basic cable on my home entertainment PC. I'm not too worried about HDTV, as I doubt there are HD broadcasts in my area (Tri-Cities area, WA)

thanks,

Lan Rover

Yes works fine. I'm running tvtime and watching ntsc cable with little trouble.
there are a few channels that wont come in for me even thou they are basic channels.. atleast I think they are.. namely scifi and comedy central there are a few others but I dont have a list in front of me.
Re: Analog Cable?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:31 pm Reply with quote
SigTom

lanrover wrote:

thanks,

Lan Rover

If you just want a card to tune and capture analog cable, get a WinTV PVR250/350, as they are a bit cheaper and do what you want. If you want the pchdtv3000 for future use of HDTV then by all means get it. You can find out what if any HDTV channels are being broadcast in your area at http://www.antennaweb.org.
Analog Cable?
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics