pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General Topics -> Infrared Chip Goto page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quote
fwr

I'm not sure what the "proper" way of doing this is, but you can stop the error by:
Code:
export KBUILD_MODPOST_WARN=1

before you make your modules. You'll still get the message, but it's a warning instead of an error. Everything gets sorted out at runtime, as long as your lirc_dev module can load.

/Frank
More Info?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote
DropIt

I was just curious if anyone has figured anything out beyond what was in this thread? Any idea if there is any additional on how to get things working, or is this it?

Re: More Info?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:53 pm Reply with quote
fuchur

DropIt wrote:
I was just curious if anyone has figured anything out beyond what was in this thread? Any idea if there is any additional on how to get things working, or is this it?

some days ago I asked at pchdtv support about the IR chip but did not get any reply. I assume that means it is still not officially supported.

Anyway, the patches above worked fine for me - it was relatively easy to compile the new V4L drivers (the cx88 stuff) but compiling lirc and configuring it to get repeat working correctly was not that fun... Thanks anyway to nybbler and others for the help provided here, it worked for me!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:27 am Reply with quote
jonkeane

nybbler wrote:
I now have a very useful patch. It will allow you to use any RC5 or NEC protocol remote with the 5500 card, provided you install LIRC with the lirc_dev driver.

It's a bit of a hack as I didn't remove all of the /dev/input stuff, and it makes a mainline kernel driver (cx88) depend on an out-of-tree module (lirc_dev), but it does the job. Despite this, I think it's a better interface than the /dev/input driver as it lets userspace handle the codes, doing only the demodulation in kernel space.

I've put it up on my website: http://www.speakeasy.org/~russotto/pc5500-remote-patch.diff

It is a diff from the 20060717 snapshot of the v4l-dvb drivers.

I'm trying to install the patched v4l drivers, but when I make it it complains that it can't find lirc.h, kcompat.h, or lirc_dev/lircdev.h:

Code:
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.22-14-generic'
  CC [M]  /home/jkeane/Desktop/v4l-dvb-b39aa9827f54/v4l/cx88-input.o
/home/jkeane/Desktop/v4l-dvb-b39aa9827f54/v4l/cx88-input.c:35:26: error: drivers/lirc.h: No such file or directory
/home/jkeane/Desktop/v4l-dvb-b39aa9827f54/v4l/cx88-input.c:36:29: error: drivers/kcompat.h: No such file or directory
/home/jkeane/Desktop/v4l-dvb-b39aa9827f54/v4l/cx88-input.c:37:39: error: drivers/lirc_dev/lirc_dev.h: No such file or directory

I assume this is because I didn't install lirc properly (with lirc_dev), I've tried installing lirc from source, but still no dice. What am I missing?[/code]
pc5500 remote patch
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:32 am Reply with quote
garrylinn

I have installed the pc5500 remote patch. But, I am getting the same two error messages which says “WARNING lirc_register_plugin not found” and “WARNING lirc_unregister_plugin not found”. I have searched around the forum. But, I didn't get any solutions yet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
labixiaoxin

More and more fashion women’s clothes wholesale online and can you recognized which is better? Dear-Lover offer cheap clubwear, cheap dresses and cheap lingerie for women which are from China top sexy clothes manufacturer Shiying Sexy Lingerie Co., Ltd factory directly. It is the best choice for sexy clothes dealers and shopkeepers.

Infrared Chip
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General Topics