pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> MythTV settings
MythTV settings
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote
jason52

Anybody out there have a 5500 running smoothly in Myth? I've been fiddling with the settings for several days, and I still can't get reliable channel locks. The command line tools all work reliably, but I'm not sophisticated enough to create a scheduler to use them (and the one in Myth is so nice).
The only odd thing I notice with things like azap is that it takes a second or two before it starts reporting 'real' numbers (the first line always reports 0 signal and 0 snr). Almost like the tuner just works really slowly in my system - and I haven't found the magical setting to make Myth work with it.
The backend also seems to always report
DVBChan(0) Warning: Symbol Rate setting (0) is out of range (min/max:5056941/10762000)
but will lock in the channel about half the time.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:47 am Reply with quote
schmunk

I have a 5500 running in MythDora (V4), I have it hooked up to Comcast, and have used the QAM-256 tunner, also the analog. I get a 95% or better signal. I added a motorolo cable amplifier to compensate for my 8-way splitter, and now on a few high def channels I get 100% signal.

I set it up by scanning channels on the QAM-256 with Cable-High-IRC which is what Comcast uses (I'm in Oregon.) The tunner picked up about 25 unencrypted channels, which I then renamed and edited with schedule direct XML ID.
I have not tried to run command line tunning, and still have not been able to figure out how to update xine for HD tunning.
Are you using an antena?
If there are any details I can help with let me know.
MythTV settings
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup