pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> KnoppMyth R5F27 + HD-5500
KnoppMyth R5F27 + HD-5500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quote

I have extensive computer experience, but I'm new to MythTV; and new to modern Linux.

I just built a system, and installed vanilla KnoppMyth R5F27. My HDHomeRun is recognized and works pretty well. I've successfully recorded shows and viewed the recordings yesterday and today. According to the announcement on this site, the HD-5500 should work out of the box. But it doesn't.

In the New Capture Card screen, there is no DVB card choice for the HD-5500. I think that's why I can't tune any ATSC channels. It is recognized as as an Analog V4L card, from which I can capture NTSC channels, without audio.

dmesg excerpts show:

cx88[0]/2: cx2388x based DVB/ATSC card
lgdt330x:  i2c_read_demod_bytes: addr 0x59 select 0x02 error (ret == -121)
cx88[0]/2: frontend initialization failed
cx88[0]/2: dvb_register failed (err = -1)

Directory /dev/dvb is missing.

lsmod shows "lgdt330x 11908 0" is installed. However, "cx88-dvb" is not installed.

I downloaded the drivers from this pcHDTV web-site. Attempts to make and install them fail, probably since the directory structure and filenames of the KnoppMyth Linux distribution differ from the directory structure and filenames assumed in the pcHDTV driver makefile.

Does anyone have the HD-5500 running "out-of-the-box" on R5F27? Or can direct me to a simple fix. Thanks in advance.
KnoppMyth R5F27 + HD-5500
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup