pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> please help troubleshoot ATSC woes
please help troubleshoot ATSC woes
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quote
jason52

I've been thinking that there was something simple that was wrong with my setup, but now I'm getting worried. Searching through the forum, I've found a few people that had the same problems I am, but no resolutions were posted.

Initial setup went smoothly; dtvscan found all the channels I expected it to. Configured MythTV and it found all the same channels. Started recording shows, and it fails to tune half the time.
Finally tried to troubleshoot right after Myth failed to tune, and found some funny results. dtvsignal and dtvsnr both show a strong signal on all channels. dtvscan, however, shows this at the first channel with a signal and sits there waiting (for what, I don't know):
channel = 19 VSB_8
Signal: 70
look for sync

BTW, dtvsignal settles out at 85% on that channel.
Anyway, I then used azap and got a solid FE_HAS_LOCK. So I try dvbsnoop and can't find any pids...

I'm stumped on how to track down what's going on. Will be happy to provide any information that can help.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:23 am Reply with quote
jason52

Since I'm sure people are dying to know what's been going on...
Upgrades to the rescue! Don't know why, but after upgrading from a 2.6.20 kernel to 2.6.22, I haven't had any issues with tuning the card. Granted, it's only been a few days...
A little disappointed that pcHDTV support never even responded to me; if there really is an issue with the card and it takes a month to respond, the 90 day warranty will expire before I get a chance to get a new one!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:10 am Reply with quote
Classified

At least you can find the ATSC channels when it scans. I'm not sure if I setup MythTV correctly though. But it should have been easy since I am running Mythdora 4.

I was doing this at 2am yesterday though... I'll try again tonight to get it all setup.
please help troubleshoot ATSC woes
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup