pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General Topics -> Using the HD-5500 in linux without mythtv, sagetv,etc...
Using the HD-5500 in linux without mythtv, sagetv,etc...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quote
lumpy

I am a developer for a lesser known linux PVR software package (webvcr+) and I want to add support for the pchdtv hd-5500 card but cant find any decent documentation anywhere. I need details on the data output from the dtvscan as to what each bit of information is and why it does not make any sense. (Example: I have a local PBS station OTA carrying 3 mpeg streams on channel 11. the dtvscan output has nothing in there that says what real channel they are on)

Also what tools are available to take the output of getatsc and allow me to seperate the different video and audio streams inside the TS so I can write those to disk instead of the full ts with 4 SD video, 1 HD video and 8 audio streams?

I need everything to be command line, full detailed documentation on dtvscan dtvsignal and getatsc would be incredibly helpful. also if dtvscan is not capable of outputting real data for use with getatsc any pointers on how I can fix it so it can?

Heck, If I can get an output from dtvscan that can easily be used with getatsc via a few scripts I'd be more than happy for now. as I can use mencoder to dig inside the TS to get what I want. (sloppy icky hack, but it works)

I really want to add painless support for this hardware instead of other ATSC cards, but I seem to be having huge problems finding any detailed docs for developers to deal with the card and how to make it do what I want.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quote
jlm

I went through some similar pains, but in the end, I found the card and the tools to be pretty good.

If you have some specific questions....feel free

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quote
lumpy

There are no detailed instructions on how to tune to a frequency specifically and then under a command line to record that stream to a file until I kill that or a duration, etc..

do you have an example of tuning to a channel and then recording it using pure command line commands.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:46 am Reply with quote
jlm

azap -r WHDH-HD &
dd if=/dev/dvr/adapter0/dvr0 of=/tmp/show.ts
control-c

Using the HD-5500 in linux without mythtv, sagetv,etc...
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General Topics