pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> HD3000 - Incompatible with ATI fglrx driver or hardware?
HD3000 - Incompatible with ATI fglrx driver or hardware?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Torrey Hoffman

I just installed my HDTV 3000 card in my Ubuntu Gutsy machine, Pentium 4, 3 Ghz, 1GB, ATI Radeon X800 on AGP. I have been using the fglrx closed source driver to get 3D accelerated graphics, and it hasn't been causing problems.

After the install, the machine booted fine, and I saw in the log that the PCHDTV card was detected, the DVB module got loaded, etc.

Graphics was working in text mode and the usual Ubuntu graphical startup. But when X Windows started, the screen went black and no login screen appeared.

So I shut down, pulled the HDTV card out, and powered up again. Everything went back to working normally.

It seems like either X Windows, the fglrx driver, or some combination of the above doesn't like having the PCHDTV card installed.

Any suggestions? I can try switching to the open source ATI driver, or switching to a much older AGP video card. I'm reluctant to go those routes because I actually use the accelerated 3D graphics.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote
waterhead

Could this be that there are conflicting IRQ assignments? Try this command to see what you get:
Code:
cat /proc/interrupts

Also, check for any relevant info on PCI issues during boot, with this command;
Code:
dmesg

If it is IRQ related, you could try setting IRQ assignments in the BIOS. The OS may just change it back though. You can also try moving the card to a different slot.

1024GB RAM
nVidia 6600GT
pcHDTV HD-3000
Air2PC PCI
MythTV 0.21
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:07 am Reply with quote
Nuzzle

In order to get it working on the regular kernel, I had to remove any mention of dvb and video from the lib/lib64 directories, download the 5500 driver, make, make install and all was well. I try the same thing with the smp kernel and I get the analog device just fine, but never any /dev/dvb. We offer best quality Electronic Gadgets test papers and Text books and Islamic Apps materials. You can get our Games 100% guaranteed Islamic Devices. Looks like the correct stuff is loaded into /lib/modules/2.6.17-1.2142_FC4smp/kernel/drivers/media/video/ and /lib/modules/2.6.17-1.2142_FC4smp/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/ (by comparing the file names to the modules that are working in my other kernel). Any advice on getting this to work or any known issues with smp as to why it wouldn't work?
HD3000 - Incompatible with ATI fglrx driver or hardware?
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics