pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> mythTV wiith the HD-2000 card -> Knoppix Myth R5A15.1 -- recording fine -- no live TV though
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Knoppix Myth R5A15.1 -- recording fine -- no live TV though
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:54 am Reply with quote
mwahal

Hi all,

I got my (replacement) HD3000 card. I installed KM-R5A15.1 on a Sempron 3000+. I chose the DVB drivers, scanned all the channels fine, no hangs whatsoever ! In the default channel, I put 5-1 (also tried 5_1).

I ran the DVB_fixer.sh script after I finished the mythtv setup application (as per the release notes).

When I goto Watch TV, I get a blank window for about 15-20 seconds, then either the mythtv quits, or it goes back to the main mythtv screen.

I can look at the schedule and do a one time recording from there. I can watch that recording, though its very jump and heavy stutter. I've a MX440 card, may be I need to enable XvMC or something, but dont know how to do it.

Any traces/debugs I can turn on or look in a log file and see why the live TV is not working ?

Thanks in advance !!

Mudit
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 7:28 am Reply with quote
mwahal

hmm.... no replies .. i guess everyone is probably still not using DVB drivers yet. I heard that its issue with DVB drivers only. The work around is to start recording what you want to watch and then start watching what you just started to record Smile
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quote
cesman

It works fine w/ DVB drivers. The release notes don't state to run DVB_fixer.sh (the script is still a work in progress).

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:20 pm Reply with quote
mwahal

cesman wrote:
It works fine w/ DVB drivers. The release notes don't state to run DVB_fixer.sh (the script is still a work in progress).

the startchan is screwed up. once i changed the default value to 5_1 in the sql table, i had live channels Smile
Knoppix Myth R5A15.1 -- recording fine -- no live TV though
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> mythTV wiith the HD-2000 card