pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> mythTV wiith the HD-2000 card -> Success archiving to DVD within linux
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Success archiving to DVD within linux
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:47 am Reply with quote
Computer buff

I successfully archived a 720p PBS show to DVD and am able to play it back on my DVD player.

There is still more to determine such as the full list of dependencies/packages, how to deal with 1080i, and how to remove commercials (there is one advantage to PBS;). Nevertheless you can find the beginnings of a recipe at the mythtv.info wiki.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Nechushtan

I've got this down. I backup to XviD not DVD, but the process is pretty much the same.

filter myth mpeg through ProjectX, optionally cutting as much of commercials out as possible. take m2p file and load in avidemux2.

for 1080i use the Decomb Telecide+Decomb Decimate, then crop, then resize.

for 720p use Decomb Decimate 2cycle then Decomb Decimate 5cycle, then crop and resize.

use the mplayer resize, its way faster and as good.

cut commercials using avidemux2 and make sure your audio sync is correct with the "shift" feature.

finally, if you happen to find a mixed progressive and telecine encode, what I do is run it through mencoder using the pullup filter, I also crop and resize here, output to huffyuv(if you 've go the drive space) or a high bitrate xvid, then once its done (this is all quick if using huffyuv, maybe 10mins for a 1hr show on my Athlon64 3200+) open it in avidemux2, do final commercial cutting and convert to final output.

I'm in the process of writing up a how-to for the avidemux wiki.

Success archiving to DVD within linux
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> mythTV wiith the HD-2000 card