pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> xine-hd -> Impossible to compile xine-hd
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Impossible to compile xine-hd
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:10 pm Reply with quote
meantux

I got the dvb-tools running, I can capture .ts files and play them with MPlayer, but they're choppy, so I need to get that xine-hd to use the full extent of my GForce card (if my card supporst XvMC or not I have no idea, but I want to try)...

But I can't compile xine-hd, too many errors, I tried to fix some but it becomes evident to me that it will take me weeks to debug those weird lines of code (that's just an example of what gcc 4.0 doesn't like very much, following those errors there are a lot of mixups with structure definitions in the header files).
n1 = *(((unsigned int *) src1)++);
n2 = *(((unsigned int *) src2)++);

I use gcc version 4.0.3 20051201 (prerelease) (Debian 4.0.2-5)
kernel 2.6.15

If anyone would have a faster alternative for me (instead of me digging for weeks in this code) I would appreciate it very much...
Compile issues with FC4 and xine
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:34 pm Reply with quote
dnult

I just made a major breakthrough in getting xine to compile. As has been pointed out in numerous threads, gcc4 is too picky for the xine source files as they are written.

In another thread I saw references to installing an older version of gcc. Turns out I already had it. Try typing 'ls /usr/bin/gcc*' and see what you get. If you see gcc32 there as I did, then your worries are over. If you don't have gcc32, then search the forum for it to find the installation example using yum.

When following the directions to build the xine libraries and user interface, modify your call to config like this './config CC=/usr/bin/gcc32'. All your makefiles will be built with the version 3.2 gcc and all will be right with the world. Very Happy
Thanks.. It worked
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:42 pm Reply with quote
meantux

I already had gcc3.3 installed, I tried it and it worked on first attempt... it's insulting... haha

thanks..
Impossible to compile xine-hd
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> xine-hd