pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> 1080i Problem with nvidia proprietary driver
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
1080i Problem with nvidia proprietary driver
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quote
rab45

I found out that the reason the 1080i output from the nvidia GeForce FX Optima 5700 LE looks like every other line is missing using FC4 and an HDTV monitor is due to a bug in the nvidia proprietary driver. The nvidia tech said it would be fixed in a future update. I tried four earlier drivers. The FC2 system I also have has a driver released late in 2004 that does not exhibit this bug. Unfortunately this versio will not compile under FC4. The other three I tried either would not compile or also exhibit the defect. So the nvidia driver has had this bug now for over about 1 year. When are they planning to fix it?

I thought people were recommending nvidia cards for use with the HD-3000? Why would any one recommend nvidia cards when the current driver can't even produce decent 1080i output?

What graphics card/driver is recommended for Linux systems to get acceptable 1080i displays on HDTV's?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Scott Larson

Hell, my 1366x768 HDTV hasn't worked with any Nvidia driver they've released in the past two years! Every few months I try their latest driver, it always gives me a blank screen, so I switch back to the ancient one I've been using and everything's great again. I've submitted perfectly clear detailed bug reports and they don't care.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:07 pm Reply with quote
rab45

Scott Larson wrote:
Hell, my 1366x768 HDTV hasn't worked with any Nvidia driver they've released in the past two years! Every few months I try their latest driver, it always gives me a blank screen, so I switch back to the ancient one I've been using and everything's great again. I've submitted perfectly clear detailed bug reports and they don't care.

I tried compiling the version I'm using with FC2 under FC4 but it won't compile. Are there any tricks to getting them to compile under FC4?

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics