pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> mythTV wiith the HD-2000 card -> pc3k myth says DVB#0 WARNING - No data from card in 1 sec... Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:09 pm Reply with quote
bcstanding

dnult wrote:
Ok, we're finally getting somewhere.

In my guide I see two sets of channels. The ones that show DataDirect info have the format 7_1, 24_1, 36_1etc. But the stations my system can tune to have the format 71, 241, 361, etc. So the delimma is that I can't record anything that is listed in the guide and I can't view guide data for anything that is tunable. Is there a config file somewhere I can straighten out the channel assignments?

Dave

I'm having the same problem as the person described in the start of this thread. In mythsetup, I have all the XMLTV channels added by mythfilldatabase, and I also did a full scan which picked up the duplicate channels. I copied the XMLTV id to the appropriate channels that don't have it, but both channels appear in the PG and even unchecking 'Visible' in the mythsetup doesn't remove them. However, the real problem is that even though mythsetup scanned the channels, I still can't tune to them in Watch TV, nor can they be recorded. One other thing that seems strange to me is that I'll set a default channel in mythsetup that is a valid channel (i.e. 41) but if I quit mythsetup and rerun mythsetup, the default channel is blank.

Any ideas?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:23 am Reply with quote
HDTVelectron

I had that problem of the default channel disapearing, but i can't remember exactly, seems like I was doing something like not stopping the backend before I ran mythtvsetup. I think you want to stop the backend, run mythtvsetup, then run mythfilldatabase. Also I had better luck with all the 4_1 vs 41 issues when i got mythweb running, it was much easier to fix by the way that mythweb lets you edit the info. So far I've tried FC3_X86_64 & given up on it & gone back to plain FC3 on my AMD 64, I've tried the latest release 7178 of nvidia & it has a nice configure program for tweaking output of the S-video that I feed to my old bigscreen TV for overscan no need for modelines. I need to install an earlier version of the Nvidia driver though, it seems XvMC is not doing any good, even though it is running, this is all with myth .19 via ATrpms, following Jarod Wilson's guide. At least with .19 the channel thing is fixed, so far I like .19, but the verdict is still out for 64 bit FC3 & FC4.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:01 am Reply with quote
bcstanding

OK, thanks. I hadn't thought of that. I'll post if that fixes it in case anybody else is having the same issue.

I'm really tempted to just dump the whole thing altogether and get a new Mac Mini and elGato EyeTV 500...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:58 am Reply with quote
bcstanding

bcstanding wrote:
OK, thanks. I hadn't thought of that. I'll post if that fixes it in case anybody else is having the same issue.

I'm really tempted to just dump the whole thing altogether and get a new Mac Mini and elGato EyeTV 500...

Woohoo, I'm quoting myself!

Well, that didn't work. I can see the mythfilldb channels and also the scanned channels in my channel list. I've tried making both visible, and one visible and not the other. Nothing seems to matter. Anybody have any ideas?

Also, I see that if I go back into mythsetup with the mythbackend stopped, the default channel isn't there - as if it didn't get saved from when I ran mythsetup the last time.
pc3k myth says DVB#0 WARNING - No data from card in 1 sec...
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> mythTV wiith the HD-2000 card