pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> Missing channel
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Missing channel
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Tiredvthis

Using fedora core 4. Using /dev/video0 (or video, same result)

I am getting NTSC over cable. In tvtime (or in mythtv), when I turn to channel 62 from channel 61, I get a slightly fuzzed version of channel 61. When I turn to channel 62 from channel 63 (or type it in) I get "no signal". Channel 62 comes in loud and clear on my $30 VCR. It also comes in fine when I set the HD-3000 to receive channel 3 and pipe in channel 62 from the VCR.

Also for some reason, it wouldn't channel scan in mythtv. I got the channels from mythfilldatabase.

It took me a week to get this card working at all. I am still not sure how I did. I will be asking for a refund if this doesn't work.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:16 am Reply with quote
skow

I'm guessing you've already asked for a refund or figured the problem out.

If you are still working on the problem, here is one thing I've found and a couple things to try.

The connection between my hd3000 and my cable going to the antenna is for some reason very sensitive to how tightly it is connected. If it is too tight (even finger tight) I get very poor signal. It needs to be somewhere between barely threaded and a few turns for me to get a decent signal.

Other things to try - connect your VCR cable to the HD3000 and see if you get any better reception. I've been burned by bad cables/connectors before so make sure to rule that out (guessing you probably have already done that).

Last thing to try is seeing what dtvsignal gives you for a few channels including the one that doesn't come in.

All that being said, I haven't used the card for more than a week and all I'm watching are digital signals (HD in particular) from off the air. I figured some feedback is better than no feedback even if our situations are not the same...

Regarding the issue with channel scanning in MythTV - I didn't run into the problem because I used the channels I set up on zap2it. I'll have to give the channel scan a shot to see if it picks up anything additional.

Good luck with getting things working properly.
Missing channel
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics