pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> help trimming a bit off each end of a transport stream
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
help trimming a bit off each end of a transport stream
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:16 pm Reply with quote
wallyllama

sorry if this has been covered, I did to several searches.

I want to trim a few minutes off each end of a transport stream that I recorded with pchdtvr. I think I should be able to do this with xtscut and atscut, but my feeble mind is missing a clue.

The stream is from a PBS channel with 5 subchannels. I only care about the 2nd one. I extracted what I want using dtvstream, and I created the .tsf and .tss files for it. when I start xtscut, I get a blank screen, and don't seem to be able to move around.

I tried the same thing using the original file and xtscut seems to work, but It shows stream 1, and I don't know where to make the cuts. I am guessing the -p option is my friend here, but I don't know what to put in there.

is there an existing tutorial on the tools in pchdtvr, I've read the usage output, but I am unclear on when to use what.

Also on a side note. chopatscfile seems to make 4 minute chunks on my machine. (amd64 running gentoo)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:11 am Reply with quote
wallyllama

ok. I'm a bit dim. I realized that dtvstream can do this. I just need to start a certain number of packets into the file and go for the right amount of minutes.

I just need to know how many packets/second.

I also noticed another strange thing. when I play the file in mplayer or totem (xine libs) I see the subchannel I want, but dtvstream thinks that is subchannel 2. Not a problem, just unexpected.
help trimming a bit off each end of a transport stream
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics