pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> Gentoo, IVTV (PVR-150MCE) and a 5500?
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Gentoo, IVTV (PVR-150MCE) and a 5500?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Dittohead

After building the v4l-dvb drivers I can no longer get my IVTV drivers to cooporate. If I rebuild IVTV I can then no longer get the cx88xx drivers to insert into the kernel, they both spit out this error every time:

Code:
WARNING: Error inserting videodev (/lib/modules/2.6.14-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/media/video/videodev.ko): Input/output error

My kernel version is 2.6.14-r5, my IVTV version is 0.4.5 and I've installed the latest v4l-dvb from this website.

...yet another dodgy external kernel driver. That's 5 and counting. Now IVTV and v4l-dvb appear to be stepping on each other's toes.
Re: Gentoo, IVTV (PVR-150MCE) and a 5500?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:16 pm Reply with quote
kmj0577

Dittohead wrote:
After building the v4l-dvb drivers I can no longer get my IVTV drivers to cooporate. If I rebuild IVTV I can then no longer get the cx88xx drivers to insert into the kernel, they both spit out this error every time:

Code:
WARNING: Error inserting videodev (/lib/modules/2.6.14-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/media/video/videodev.ko): Input/output error

My kernel version is 2.6.14-r5, my IVTV version is 0.4.5 and I've installed the latest v4l-dvb from this website.

...yet another dodgy external kernel driver. That's 5 and counting. Now IVTV and v4l-dvb appear to be stepping on each other's toes.

Try the 0.6.x version. I've got an e-build here.

Edit: Seems there's a 0.6.2 in portage as well, but it's masked.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:46 pm Reply with quote
darkwire

Last I tried the ivtv-0.6.2 from portage, it wouldn't play nice against the ck-sources. So I went back to a ivtv-0.6.2 ebuild I picked up off the official forums.

But with 0.6.2 and dvb, it was a bit of a hassle to get both to play nice.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:33 am Reply with quote
kmj0577

darkwire wrote:
Last I tried the ivtv-0.6.2 from portage, it wouldn't play nice against the ck-sources. So I went back to a ivtv-0.6.2 ebuild I picked up off the official forums.

But with 0.6.2 and dvb, it was a bit of a hassle to get both to play nice.

I have no problems with gentoo-sources and the HD-3000 dvb drivers with the 0.6.2 ivtv drivers.
Gentoo, IVTV (PVR-150MCE) and a 5500?
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup