pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> Infrared Control for Myth
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Infrared Control for Myth
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:06 am Reply with quote
tzf

Hey Y'all. Just got my 5500 in the mail today. Have not installed OS yet. I'm the careful type, I guess.
Two questions about IR control:
1. The documentation doth say that the IR bug on the break-in cable is currently unsupported. So when shall you pcHDTV folks plan on releasing support for it? Or is that part of the LinuxTV project? Can we assume it will be supported when 2.6.18 comes out?
(heck, I'm way over two questions already, damned coffee;^)...ok,

"2." What <favorable> (preferably) experiences have all y'all had with any other brand of IR control? i.e. I mean, like, what can I buy by which I can IR control my MythTV/pcHDTV box? Did it come with its own pickle, or are you using the one from your, like, Sony TV?

(my box is an ASUS Barebones Vintage2PH1, ASUS MB with i945G chipset, PentiumD 920, 2x 512MB DDR2-5400 Ram, Seagate 500GB 7200RPM SATA drive)

Giant Steaming Forever TIA's, and I mean that!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:11 am Reply with quote
nybbler

See this thread http://pchdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1529 for what I've discovered about the remote. It's simple (for a programmer) to support provided you want to use an RC5-protocol remote.

My mythtv box is currently using the iMon pad remote from the case (Silverstone LC-11M) it's in. Not so good; I'd rather have discrete directional buttons than the pad, and its use of an unusual protocol (looks like Phillips RC-MM) means many universal remotes can't be used with the receiver.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:23 pm Reply with quote
tzf

What's a programmer? I think I used to have one of those... no wait, that was a solar-powered calculator... no wait ;^)
Ok, I'm sorry. So what if I'm a professional programmer? Does that mean that I should be forced to program? Can't someone else do it for me?
Oh boy, I'm digging myself in deep here, I'm sure you were tying to be helpful...
OK, what it comes down to, you know this I'm sure, is there's programmers and then there's programmers. I'm not really a programmer, I'm more of a lazy bastard (and a sarcastic one at that ;^)
On a serious note, I do appreciate your feedback and maybe I'll find some time, in December perhaps, to follow up on it. And no sarcasm there, that's just my reality.
Cheers!

Infrared Control for Myth
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup