pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> HD3K + Knoppmyth R5D1 = MythTV & QAM working!
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
HD3K + Knoppmyth R5D1 = MythTV & QAM working!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:35 am Reply with quote
tony

Hi All,
For those of you who are not very fluent with Linux yet, I'd recommend you try the latest Knoppmyth distribution (R5D1). I bought my HD3k card ~ 1.5 yrs ago, and have never been able to get QAM or MythTV working reliably.. digital cable was just a dream until now.. I installed the latest Knoppmyth package this weekend, and got it up and running in about 30mins. I have to admit, that I did have some familiarity with MythTv from the earlier versions ,but it was nowhere as smooth and stable as it is now. My only complaint is that it takes a few seconds to change channels.. but this is minor compared to non-functional setup before...
I scheduled a couple of test recordings and they seem to work.. I'll try recording the preimer of Heros tomorrow and see how it goes.
Oh, and closed captioning works too!.. couldn't believe it!..
Just in case you're wondering..this is my setup:
- Pentium4 3GHz w/ 1G ram
- 80GB (2.5" HD)
- Nvidia FX5200 w/ 128MB ram (fanless version)
- One HD3K card connected to Comcast cable.

Good luck!.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:06 am Reply with quote
waterhead

Congratulations, you're gonna love it.

Now that you can record HD content, you're going to need a much bigger hard drive. 80GB is going to be used up real fast!

I believe that the channel changing latency was put in by the devs on purpose. There were alot of complaints about it on their forum/mailinglist. It is there because it is capturing video so that you can pause "live" TV. Many users complained that they would like the option to disable this. The devs refused to even consider it. Issac (the main MythTV dev) runs a tight ship, nothing is done unless he wants it to be done.

1024GB RAM
nVidia 6600GT
pcHDTV HD-3000
Air2PC PCI
MythTV 0.21
HD3K + Knoppmyth R5D1 = MythTV & QAM working!
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics