pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General Topics -> MythTV .20 and 5500 -- Analog setup
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
MythTV .20 and 5500 -- Analog setup
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:00 pm Reply with quote
seanman

Hey folks:

I hope someone can help me with this one.

I've set up the 5500 card as a DVB tuner and click on analog options. That gives me V4L-like attributes (television, composite and s-video) for the tuner card. When I scan for channels, all the analog channels are found.

But when I start the back/front ends and click watch tv, the screen is blank and mythbackend reports:

2006-10-08 17:54:45.261 TVRec(1) Error: Start channel invalid, setting to '12' on input Television instead.
2006-10-08 17:54:45.262 TVRec(1): HW Tuner: 2->0
2006-10-08 17:54:45.262 TVRec(1) Error: Failed to set channel to 12.
2006-10-08 17:54:45.266 TVRec(1) Error: GetProgramRingBufferForLiveTV()
ProgramInfo is invalid.

I know I'm just missing a step here, but I can't figure it out. I feel like I've tried every combo of devices in the analog options dialog. I've deleted and reset up the cards about a dozen times.

Lastly, the same tuner card works well with the V4L drivers, but then I can't figure out how to get mythtv to record the audio. QAM with DVB won't work because my cable company encrypts all the signals -- I have to use analog.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sean
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quote
seanman

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering -- 12 is a valid channel. My cable channels run from 2 to 75.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:50 am Reply with quote
nybbler

Try pressing "C" to switch to analog; mythtv defaults to digital, where you don't have anything defined.

The 5500 is an expensive card to use for analog alone! Are you sure all your digital channels are encrypted? Typically the local stations are kept unencrypted.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote
seanman

Hey thanks buddy -- that did switch it for me. But I still have the same issue with the sound that I did with the V4L drivers. If it's plugged in to the sound card, it plays all the time (and isn't recorded). If it's not plugged in, I get nothing.

And yes, the card was expensive, but I was originally anticipating that QAM would work based on what I read and I didn't understand the firewire connection that I was able to set up. I can't get the PCHDTV people to answer my emails, so I think I'm stuck. I may try to sell it on ebay if I can't get it working.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:54 am Reply with quote
Mithrandir

I had the sound problems you described when I was first setting up my HD-5500 with MythTV. As I remember it it had to do with the KDE sound system, and the settings in the mixer. I can't remember exactly though, so I can't tell you exactly how I remedied it, but you might want to check the recording and line in settings in the mixer, or whatever you use on the input for the HD-5500.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:56 am Reply with quote
mintee

how exactully did you get the analog stations to scan. I'm using the 5500 with comcast basic service plugged right into the card, and anytime i try to scan the lower channels come up as Timeed Out.

Once it reached the 100+'s it starts finding the HD subchannels which come out choppy. I'll mark that up as a CPU issue though.

I know it would play the analog stations fine, and that's all i really care for until i can afford a new CPU.
MythTV .20 and 5500 -- Analog setup
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General Topics