pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> One tuner constant lock, second tuner not
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
One tuner constant lock, second tuner not
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:42 pm Reply with quote
cpreston

I've got two HD-3000 cards, and I'm attempting to use them to view QAM_256 signals from cox san diego with mythtv. When I use azap to tune in a channel on one of them, I get a lock every single line. The other one seems to have lock on about 2 out of 3 lines. Does this mean I have a bad tuner?

It's always that tuner, and it doesn't matter which one I use first.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:00 am Reply with quote
skow

I'm guessing you have found some solution since it has been over 3 months since your post, but I figured I'd throw some things out anyway. I just started using the pc3000 so I haven't had that much experience with it...anyway, I do have some observations that I will share.

My card and/or cable end seem to be very sensitive to how tightly they are connected. If I screw the cable on too tight I get poor signal(which is surprising) and if I put it on too loose it gets poor signal(which is probably expected). It takes somewhere in between where it is still easy to tighten with fingers, but on at least a few threadlengths.

I'm guessing you have already tried putting the cable going to the tuner that works into the one that is giving you trouble so the cable itself probably isn't the issue.

Other things that come to mind is switching the position of the cards (pci slots).

Hopefully these ideas will help you out if you haven't already figured it out.
One tuner constant lock, second tuner not
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics