Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search pcHDTV Forum Index
pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> pchdtvr 1.0-rc11 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
pchdtvr 1.0-rc11
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quote
inkling
 
Joined: 05 Feb 2004
Posts: 342




Hi all,

It has most of the things I wanted for -rc11. I may slip one more set of TODO change into -rc11, if it's still not 1.0 final by then. It's slightly different from the -rc11 posted earlier. If -rc11 changes again while keeping -rc11 designation, I'll post an update on this thread.

Multi-card users will notice the movable search timers. Still working on cleaning that up so it removes the matching volatiles too. While search move works, search delete doesn't, so you still have to edit the config.

Single card users will probably also like knowing what is on the search list at a glance instead of listing the config.

Channel list now shows which channels are auto-guiding, and [a] key has been changed from auto-signal-timeout toggle to auto-guide toggle.

There are a few other cosmetic fixes.

I finally made a web page that gives a decent overview of the most useful features in the package.

http://www.nop.org/inkling/

Good Luck!

-ink
View user's profile Send private message
DVB API snapshot patch and pchdtvr-1.0-rc11 update
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:37 pm Reply with quote
inkling
 
Joined: 05 Feb 2004
Posts: 342




Hey all you pchdtvr [HD-3000] users (and I know there are 2 of you!),

Please take a look at:

http://www.nop.org/inkling/dtv/test/

and let me know if the patch fixes the HD3000 driver lock-out issue for you. It seems to have fixed it here.

It might also fix it for other capture applications.

-ink

p.s. Search timers should work better in latest pchdtvr update, so you want to get it, if you don't have it.

-ink


Last edited by inkling on Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
newer DVB API snapshot patch and pchdtvr-1.0-rc11 refresh
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:09 pm Reply with quote
inkling
 
Joined: 05 Feb 2004
Posts: 342




inkling wrote:
It seems to have fixed it here.


DVB API has a new ioctl to fix the i2c issues that seem to cause reliability problems with HD-3000 and possibly HD-2000.

You will need the latest v4l-dvb mercurial CVS for the new ioctl.

pchdtvr.c has been updated with the new ioctl.

The test directory has a newer patch to the latest v4l-dvb mercurial CVS to address the lack of HD3000 hardware i2c that also causes reliability problems.

The latest pchdtvr package may be found here:
http://www.nop.org/inkling/dtv/

The latest v4l-dvb patch may be found here:
http://www.nop.org/inkling/dtv/test/

An overview of the latest features, with screenshots, may be found here:
http://www.nop.org/inkling/

Please let me know how these updates work for you.

-ink


Last edited by inkling on Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:43 pm Reply with quote
tupari
 
Joined: 29 Dec 2004
Posts: 38




I tried compiling on fc3 with /usr/include/linux from kernel 2.6.15.1 but this is what I get:

# make
building a colorful object
pchdtvr.c:14:2: warning: #warning README is first 1600 lines of this file.
pchdtvr.c:2553:2: warning: #warning using DVB API (default) or via -3 option
pchdtvr.c:16198:2: warning: #warning scheduling priority will be changed
pchdtvr.c: In function `open_device':
pchdtvr.c:20628: error: `FE_SET_FRONTEND_TUNE_MODE' undeclared (first use in this function)
pchdtvr.c:20628: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
pchdtvr.c:20628: error: for each function it appears in.)
pchdtvr.c:20628: error: `FE_TUNE_MODE_ONESHOT' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [pchdtvr] Error 1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
new ioctls
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quote
inkling
 
Joined: 05 Feb 2004
Posts: 342




tupari wrote:
pchdtvr.c: In function `open_device':
pchdtvr.c:20628: error: `FE_SET_FRONTEND_TUNE_MODE' undeclared (first use in this function)
pchdtvr.c:20628: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
pchdtvr.c:20628: error: for each function it appears in.)
pchdtvr.c:20628: error: `FE_TUNE_MODE_ONESHOT' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [pchdtvr] Error 1


You may safely comment line 20628.

I put a conditional compile around it and refreshed the archive on nop.org.

The README comments at the top have also been refreshed with new information.

Thanks for the feedback!

-ink
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:17 pm Reply with quote
tupari
 
Joined: 29 Dec 2004
Posts: 38




Now I'm getting:

~/pchdtvr-1.0-rc11]# make
building a histogram
gcc -Wall -lm -lrt -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lmpeg2 -lmpeg2convert -lImlib -o xtscut xtscut.c
xtscut.c:9:2: warning: #warning README is first 120 lines of this file.
building a kaleidescope
xsig.c:9:2: warning: #warning ignore any OpenGL in this file.
xsig.c: In function `init_device':
xsig.c:2411: error: `FE_SET_FRONTEND_TUNE_MODE' undeclared (first use in this function)
xsig.c:2411: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
xsig.c:2411: error: for each function it appears in.)
xsig.c:2411: error: `FE_TUNE_MODE_ONESHOT' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [xsig] Error 1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
whoops
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:47 pm Reply with quote
inkling
 
Joined: 05 Feb 2004
Posts: 342




tupari wrote:

xsig.c: In function `init_device':
xsig.c:2411: error: `FE_SET_FRONTEND_TUNE_MODE' undeclared (first use in this function)
xsig.c:2411: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
xsig.c:2411: error: for each function it appears in.)
xsig.c:2411: error: `FE_TUNE_MODE_ONESHOT' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [xsig] Error 1


Sorry about that. Forgot to update xsig.c too. Comment line 2411 or refresh from nop.org.

-ink
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:59 pm Reply with quote
tupari
 
Joined: 29 Dec 2004
Posts: 38




After using it I have some questions. How do I set it up to time 24 each week? I tried manually putting something in the conf file, but it just disappeared. And the program guide only goes to 5am tommorow morning, so I can't get it to record that way.

Also why does the program guide update so often? The data in the guide doesn't change so fast.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:35 am Reply with quote
dieter
 
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Posts: 43
Location: US




tupari wrote:
After using it I have some questions. How do I set it up to time 24 each week?


cron ?
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:30 pm Reply with quote
tupari
 
Joined: 29 Dec 2004
Posts: 38




Is there any way to tell pchdtvr to update the program guide now? Is there any way to get it to record analog broadcasts?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
answers
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:00 pm Reply with quote
inkling
 
Joined: 05 Feb 2004
Posts: 342




tupari wrote:
After using it I have some questions. How do I set it up to time 24 each week? I tried manually putting something in the conf file, but it just disappeared.

And the program guide only goes to 5am tommorow morning, so I can't get it to record that way.

Also why does the program guide update so often? The data in the guide doesn't change so fast.

Is there any way to tell pchdtvr to update the program guide now? Is there any way to get it to record analog broadcasts?



pchdtvr.0.conf file:

A24

or [t] key, then +24
There's an example of how to limit it to only FOX, in case your local NBC has it in syndication, like mine. See the webpage with all the screen shots.

The program guides are not very extensive yet. The stations are only required to send 12 hours, so I have 12 hours for all the big networks. Surprisingly enough, it's the smaller stations that have the best program guides. WB goes 5 days here.

pchdtvr can handle the full 16 days of program guide, once they start sending it.

The guide loads every three hours, generally speaking. If there was an error getting the guide, it will try again every 30 minutes. The .conf file C-line GTO field 180 means 180 minutes so that's how long until normal guide expiration. You can change this to make it try less often, if you like.

Since it tries every three hours, what you put in for a search will eventually be found, unless it's cancelled, or you fat-fingered the name. :>

[l] ell key [l]oads program guide. More help can be found by hitting the [?] key.

Analog TV is not supported. My reception is awful. Digital TV is the only thing that can punch through the noise.

Hope that helps,

-ink
View user's profile Send private message
using cron
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:32 pm Reply with quote
inkling
 
Joined: 05 Feb 2004
Posts: 342




dieter wrote:
tupari wrote:
After using it I have some questions. How do I set it up to time 24 each week?


cron ?


pchdtvr has a mode that supports calling it from scripts, so using cron to call it is possible.

I put it in for some user who didn't like the timers.
I don't use it, since I like the timers well enough.

-s option

-ink
View user's profile Send private message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:33 pm Reply with quote
tupari
 
Joined: 29 Dec 2004
Posts: 38




I just want an example of a T entry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
config T-line example
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:37 pm Reply with quote
inkling
 
Joined: 05 Feb 2004
Posts: 342




tupari wrote:
I just want an example of a T entry


Ok, for the sake of example, say your FOX is on 27.

(This should be in your pchdtvr.0.conf.sample. If it isn't, let me know.)

# Time configuration:
# T entries can be in any order. Save sorts by channel.
# TCH:HH:MM:LEN:WEEKDAY:NAMEX
# Weekday bits format: 1111111 in place of SMTWTFS
# X = $ for -DayOfWeek, # for -MmDd-HhMm, and/or .pgm

The line you would use for 24 on FOX on Monday at 8pm would look like this:

T27:20:00:060:0100000:24#.0

The "#" tells it to append MMDD-HHMM to filename, and the ".0" tells it to use VC 0 (HD VC here). If you want full raw capture leave off the . and any number following and watch 9G of volume space disappear every hour. If you use the .x to get only VC(x), it will be about 6G per hour HD, or 1.5G per hour for SD or WX.

If you want to do the same inside the program, from timer list hit [t] key then "27 20 00 60 010000 24#.0"

[Beware the [t] key method has a few bugs where it only works 100% of the time on Sunday. :> ]

The "0100000" is weekday bitmask SMTWTFS, one means to capture on that day, zero is skip that day.

If you use the T-line weekday timer instead of using an A-line Automatic timer, example "A24:27", if they move 24 to a different time-slot, the manual timer will capture the wrong thing. The ":27" limits the automatic event search to FOX so you don't get the re-runs on NBC.

Now you see why I made the Automatic Event feature. Hopefully your local stations will send a guide so you can use it too.

Hope that helps,

-ink
View user's profile Send private message
Re: config T-line example
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
cheema
 
Joined: 14 Oct 2003
Posts: 8




Ideally this information should be part of the software distribution tarball. Maybe a timers.txt file.

Speaking of the tarball, when I untarred it extracted files in the current directory. The convention is to have the contents of the tarball go into a subdirectory.

Thanks for the wonderful tool.


inkling wrote:
tupari wrote:
I just want an example of a T entry


Ok, for the sake of example, say your FOX is on 27.

(This should be in your pchdtvr.0.conf.sample. If it isn't, let me know.)

# Time configuration:
# T entries can be in any order. Save sorts by channel.
# TCH:HH:MM:LEN:WEEKDAY:NAMEX
# Weekday bits format: 1111111 in place of SMTWTFS
# X = $ for -DayOfWeek, # for -MmDd-HhMm, and/or .pgm

The line you would use for 24 on FOX on Monday at 8pm would look like this:

T27:20:00:060:0100000:24#.0

The "#" tells it to append MMDD-HHMM to filename, and the ".0" tells it to use VC 0 (HD VC here). If you want full raw capture leave off the . and any number following and watch 9G of volume space disappear every hour. If you use the .x to get only VC(x), it will be about 6G per hour HD, or 1.5G per hour for SD or WX.

If you want to do the same inside the program, from timer list hit [t] key then "27 20 00 60 010000 24#.0"

[Beware the [t] key method has a few bugs where it only works 100% of the time on Sunday. :> ]

The "0100000" is weekday bitmask SMTWTFS, one means to capture on that day, zero is skip that day.

If you use the T-line weekday timer instead of using an A-line Automatic timer, example "A24:27", if they move 24 to a different time-slot, the manual timer will capture the wrong thing. The ":27" limits the automatic event search to FOX so you don't get the re-runs on NBC.

Now you see why I made the Automatic Event feature. Hopefully your local stations will send a guide so you can use it too.

Hope that helps,

-ink
View user's profile Send private message
pchdtvr 1.0-rc11
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 7 Hours  
Page 1 of 3  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2003 phpBB Group
Theme created by Vjacheslav Trushkin