pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> adjusting brightness, color, etc.
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
adjusting brightness, color, etc.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:41 pm Reply with quote
dje-myth

My firewire input from my 6200 cable box to MythTV is flaky (*1) so I've resorted to using the NTSC(?) output of the cable box and am feeding that into my hd3000. I still use firewire for changing channels (fwiw).

My question relates to the brightness of the recorded program. When recording programs such as hockey or figure skating (something with a lot of white from the ice on the screen) everything else is washed out. It's like the brightness (and/or contrast) level has been set at max. For other programs (e.g. Dead Zone, STNG) it's stil a problem but not as bad.

On the other hand, if I watch the program with tvtime using default settings of brightness etc. the picture looks fine.

Has anyone seen these symptoms? Is there something about the way MythTV is configuring the HD3000 card that would explain this? Is there anything else I can look into?

TIA

(*1) "flaky" as in a successful connection is established roughly 20% of the time. When it starts working it's rock solid, but only for awhile, and I haven't been able to narrow down what the trigger is.
adjusting brightness, color, etc.
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics