pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> best motherboard for pcHDTV3k....
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
best motherboard for pcHDTV3k....
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:22 pm Reply with quote
kregars

Searching gives varying results, but they are somewhat dated....so my apologies in advance...

What I am looking for is the best MB at this time to be used for 3 pcHDTV cards, plus a PVR350 with DDR2 (thinking ~2 gigs of RAM to start with) that provides the smoothest playback of video at 1080i. I will be pushing the video out of either 1 or 2 (SLi bridged) nVidia 6800's via the HD15 to a breakout box to take the PC signal down to component input)

My current setup is an AMD XP 3800+ single core processor with 1gig of ram (this is my daily workstation, but I am looking to dedicate a server/frontend for the living room)...and this box, as nice as it is, needs to be returned to my daily use home workstation.

I have looked at some of the prebuilds from Dell...but would prefer a home built box as I can get more bang for the buck.

As for the case...Antec cases with their own PSU's seem to be the way to go...if I buy seperate, which PSU would be recommended...I'm thinking 600-650 Watts will be the min required, but I want to ensure the thing is heavily shielded against stray RFI...if I was to buy a complete case (with PSU), which case would be recommended...I'd be willing to stray from Antec if someone can point me to a better case that will achieve the ultimate requirements of clean power, and the required shielding.

I will not use water cooling at this time (*shudder* bad experience) but might dabble with it again at a later time...but although noise is something I am concerned with, where it will be mounted in a soundproof enclosure with its own environmentals (aka air exchange/cooling/air circulation plus filtration).

Any guidence would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance,
best motherboard for pcHDTV3k....
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics