pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> hd3000 on rhel ws 4
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
hd3000 on rhel ws 4
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quote
microlaser

Hi, I am trying to get the hd-3000 card to work on red hat enterprise linux workstion 4. Has anyone gotten this to work? I have my hd-3000 hooked up to an analog cable line and I do not seem to be getting a signal.

Thanks,

Michael
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Jim

It is a card made to take HDTV ATSC signals off an antenna, or a digital cable qam or whatever. It will notpick up analog tv off the air or plain analog cable. It will pick up some digital cable unencrypted signals.
Hang a rabbit ears off it, and if it is working you get perfect 1080i coming out the other end...not for the faint of heart. Enjoy your hd-3000.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:37 pm Reply with quote
theyneverknew

The card does actually have an analog NTCS tuner on it supported by V4L so this is possible. I believe the cx88_blackbird module supports the analog functions, but I've never used it myself so I can't give more detailed advice.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:56 am Reply with quote
waterhead

You can use the TVTime application to view analog broadcasts with the pcHDTV 3000. You'll have to adjust the color, also there is a selection for over-the-air or cable input.

If your installation is truely a "workstation" installation, you may not have all of the programs installed that are needed. Keep this in mind. If you compile any programs, you need to have the developement tools installed. Also, you may need the kernel source files.

1024GB RAM
nVidia 6600GT
pcHDTV HD-3000
Air2PC PCI
MythTV 0.21
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:28 pm Reply with quote
xyzzy

theyneverknew wrote:
The card does actually have an analog NTCS tuner on it supported by V4L so this is possible. I believe the cx88_blackbird module supports the analog functions, but I've never used it myself so I can't give more detailed advice.

The blackbird module is for an MPEG encoder that Conexant makes and that some cx88 cards have. The HD-3000 doesn't have an MPEG encoder and the blackbird module is useless for it. There are a bunch of modules that make up the analog drivers, and the DVB driver uses many of them. The extra bit you need for analog is cx8800 and tuner.
hd3000 on rhel ws 4
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics