pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Driver Issues -> Using the IR port on the pcHDTV 5500 card
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Using the IR port on the pcHDTV 5500 card
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:40 am Reply with quote
rtecman

I have compiled all the drivers for the pcHDTV card and most things are working fine. I have compiled xine-hd using a previous version of gcc (and a lot of effort) and have mythtv setup and partially working with an antenna and cable box. I would like to get the remote that comes with the 5500 card to work. I've spent hours trying to get lirc to read a response from my cable stb remote but have had no success at this.

Doing an lspci, I get the following:
0000:01:07.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
0000:01:07.2 Multimedia controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [MPEG Port] (rev 05)
0000:01:07.4 Multimedia controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [IR Port] (rev 05)

So, it's definitely there and part of the pci hardware. I also have loaded the lirc_i2c kernel module which prompts the kernel to pick up the device.

Does anyone know how to get this to work and which driver the pcHDTV card is compatible with as the lirc configure program doesn't list pcHDTV 5500 as one of the cards that it has a driver for?
not supported yet
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:03 pm Reply with quote
disasm

My card came with a note that the ir receiver doesn't do anything as of yet (proprietary chipset not reverse engineered for linux maybe?) So, your best bet is build a serial one yourself, or buy one.

Sam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:13 am Reply with quote
nybbler

It's not an I2C device, it's connected to the cx88 infrared sampling pin GPIO 16.

See the "Infrared Chip" thread over in the general forum for what I've discovered.
Using the IR port on the pcHDTV 5500 card
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Driver Issues