pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> Good reception went away. HD-3000 failure?
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Good reception went away. HD-3000 failure?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:16 pm Reply with quote
WhereIsTheCloud

Hi there. I live in downtown Denver, in a ninth story apartment directly facing DTV broadcasters 1.5 miles away. Up until about two weeks ago I had a great signal and all was good.

Then two weeks ago my good signal vanished. Now I get 20-30% no matter which way I orient my 1'x1' UHF antenna. I didn't change anything in my setup that I can think of at that time.

So I was wondering, can the tuner part of my HD-3000 fail? (Giving really bad, but not 0 signal) More specifically, is there a way to test for this? I've tried switching antennas without luck, but again, the antenna I have worked well before.

Peter
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote
pcHDTV_tech

If you can't identify any recent changes to your system. (Updated drviers or anything?) Then I would contact support@pchdtv.com and let them know. It sounds like you may have had something happen to the tuner. Did you have any electrical storms through there about the time the card went flakey?

Just my thoughts.

Rusty
Good reception went away. HD-3000 failure?
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics