pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> xine-hd -> 1080i content not centered in xine
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
1080i content not centered in xine
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:38 am Reply with quote
Anders

1080i content is not centered weither I run windowed or full screen. 704 x 480 content centers fine. When you look at the xine window with 480p content there are two black bars on either side of the window as there should be and I see all the content. With 1080i data showing 4x3 content I have one bar of the left and the content goes all the way to the edge on the right. I don't think I'm loosing any viewable content but there is no black bar on the right. When full 16x9 1080i content is going, I can tell I'm missing some content to the right. (titles aren't centered when they should be and are cut off when on the right) When in 1080i when content changes from 16x9 back to 4x3, such as for example with commercials, I can see all content again. Just looks like the xine window has a bunch of pixels cut off on the right when in 1080i.

Has anyone else run into this?
Re: 1080i content not centered in xine
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote
inkling

>>Anders wrote:
>>1080i content is not centered ...<snip>

I see that when I don't use -G option (Geometry ) on HD content because my resolution is too low to display the full 1920x1088 signal.

You didn't say what your monitor resolution was, but I would think unless you're running full out at 1920/2048 by 1200, you will have this problem until you specifiy -G.

1600x1200 w/o -G might cause that, with 1920 wide video.

You could try xine -G 1600x1200 and see if it goes away,
if that's a valid setting for you, otherwise use your limit.

Good Luck!
Didn't fix it
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Anders

Hey, thanks for the -G suggestion, but that didn't do it for me. My projector is only 1024x768 so yes, my window is smaller than the origional content but even when I crush it down to 640x480, I still miss the right side of the screen. I'd take a screenshot, but I don't know how.

Anyone have any other ideas?
may not be xine
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:23 am Reply with quote
Anders

It's probably not xine but rather a video driver problem. I tried other players (mplayer and kaboodle) and got the same problem. Thanks for the help.
Re: may not be xine
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:22 pm Reply with quote
inkling

>>Anders wrote: It's probably not xine but rather a video driver problem. I tried other players (mplayer and kaboodle) and got the same problem. Thanks for the help.

If it's just the overlay stuff that is truncated, it might very well be the driver because it is supposed to adhere to what X modelines were provided.

You might have some success tweaking the modelines, but then again it may be futile.

less /var/log/XFree86.0.log to see what mess of modelines it picked for your projector and verify they are within the projector specs.

It almost sounds like horizontal back porch is kicking in too soon and making the projector display blanking instead of a signal.

Good Luck!
Blocking of stream using xine
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:41 pm Reply with quote
photonwave

Hi Anders,

Were you able to resolve the issue you described above? I'm seeing a similar problem when I use xine-hd in full screen mode. My plasma/monitor has a 1024x768 resolution as well.

Don
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Geometry

Why not use the x and y offsets?

For example:

-G 1920x1090+60+0

This moves the screen to the right by 60 pixels. I believe you can also use - in place of + to reverse the direction of the offsets.

Rick B.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:44 am Reply with quote
Scott Larson

The geometry option doesn't work in full screen mode but you can use it in borderless mode (-B) so it will fill your screen just like fullscreen mode along with x and y offset adjustments.
1080i content not centered in xine
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> xine-hd