pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> Cable Channels
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Cable Channels
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:08 pm Reply with quote
tijoev

I have recently moved to an area where my only reception is from cable. I followed the wiki for adding QAM to MythTV: http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Adding_QAM_Channels_For_HDTV_Tuner_Cards#Scanning_for_channels.

I have no problem scanning in channels. It does however return different channels than I get on TV. I signed up for basic cable after reading the many people had much success with this package yielding "extra" channels when you have a cable modem. This was my result too Smile.

My problem is, I cannot get Fox. Zap2It shows the Fox station here as one option; so I am guessing it is analog cable or maybe (??) QAM 64. I have read of people having success tuning in analog cable but I have no idea how to.

Is there an equivalent us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 for analog canle or QAM64 for atscscan?

Mahalo
Joe Very Happy
Re: Cable Channels
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:52 pm Reply with quote
nybbler

It's difficult to use MythTV for both analog and digital in MythTV 0.19.

The frequencies are the same for QAM256, QAM64, and analog. I believe that mixed-QAM systems are fairly unusual, so it's likely your system just doesn't provide a Fox digital feed.

Make sure you have a current revision of 0.19, though, as there were errors in the frequency tables until recently.
Cable Channels
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics