pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> mythtv and HD5500
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
mythtv and HD5500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:43 pm Reply with quote
sciguy125

I've managed to get everything installed, but I can't figure out how to configure mythtv.

I can't seem to figure out what video device to choose when I'm in Capture Card Setup. If I select /dev/video0, it says "Failed to open the card" when I try to scan, but it lets me choose an input source. If I select any of the devices under /dev/dvb/adapter0 (I tried all of them), it says that it can't probe the device for input sources (and obviously still can't scan).

I know that the permissions are correct because I can use dvbscan to check for channels and it comes up with some.

ADDENDUM:
Upon further research, it seems that people have more devices under /dev/dvb/adapter0 than I do. I have:
demux0
dvr0
frontend0
net0

Am I supposed to have others?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:26 pm Reply with quote
wbedard

I had something similar happen when I didn't specify the "--dvb-path" parameter when configuring mythtv. Be sure to point it to the directory containing the include files corresponding to the driver of your card. For example "... --dvb-path=/usr/src/pchdtv/v4l-dvb/linux/include/", depending on where you unpacked your driver archive.
mythtv and HD5500
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup