pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> HD-2000/3000 drivers -> HD-3000 issue with Cable Channels 61 and 62
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
HD-3000 issue with Cable Channels 61 and 62
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:53 pm Reply with quote
alexwcovington

I'm having an issue tuning in cable channels 61 and 62... this issue has been brought up before, but only in the Linux context. I am running the HD-3000 under Windows XP.

I use the Conexant drivers that shipped on the CD, and use VLC media player 0.82 test 2 to open the stream [subsequent versions hide the advanced properties checkboxes I always use].

The issue becomes transparent in the "TVTuner Property Page" (which, as it also appears in the documentation PDF provided with the drivers, I will assume to be a part of the driver package rather than VLC) --

It seems that the driver wants to tune channel 61 in at 444 MHz and channel 62 at 450 Mhz; these are the HRC frequencies for those channels, rather than the standard 445.25 and 451.25.

I have not been able to find updated drivers for the chipset and am not quite skilled enough to reverse engineer them and isolate the issue. Any ideas?
HD-3000 issue with Cable Channels 61 and 62
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> HD-2000/3000 drivers