pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> plextor convertx coexist with HD 5500?
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
plextor convertx coexist with HD 5500?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:26 pm Reply with quote
vrtladept

Hi,

Has anyone built a mythtv box with both a plextor convertx PX-M402U and a HD 5500 using the DVB drivers? The PX-M402U has open source drivers that are posted on a webpage by the device manufactorer, but they seem out of date in that they are only for v4l2. When I try to install them given the instructions for gentoo I end up with an unstable kernel with a lot of segfaults.

I belive it may stem from enabling v4l inside the kernel which is what the installation instructions for the PX-M402U requrie. (I currently dont' have it enabled for the DVB drivers.) I've tried the DVB drivers that are posted here as well as the hg drivers from the DVB project. It seems I can support one or the other, but not both. Any pointers?
I'm trying
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:40 pm Reply with quote
flippant

Hi vrtladept,

I'm trying and I haven't got it working yet with MythTV. I've yet to be sucessful with the DVB configuration but I had the V4L drivers running for the HD5500 and the go7007 module running with a patch I got from http://bart.ulyssis.org/go7007-update.patch. Everything seemed fine but the sound from both inputs was really tinny, like it was 8 bit of something.

If I learn anything (like how to get this working) I'll make a posting.
plextor convertx coexist with HD 5500?
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup