pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> NTSC brightness and contrast
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
NTSC brightness and contrast
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:24 am Reply with quote
pilesofspam

Got everything working great so far, but I've got a few kinks to work out.

I'm running the HD5500 on an Nforce2 MB with an Athlon XP2200+. The video card is an Nvidia 6200, and I'm using XvMC for playback under Mythtv (Make sure you set your depth to 24bpp!). The HD OTA stuff is great. I'm really happy with it, but I'm also trying to use the card to bring in NTSC over the svideo in from my Dish301.

This works well, in that I have a solid signal, but the brightness and contrast is totally off, leaving me with a whitewashed low quality picture for SD. Does anybody know where I can set this? Is there a cx8800 module option? I'm using mythtv (specifically Knoppmyth R5D1), but I don't know if that's where I need to fix it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you're still reading, I also seem to be having a problem between the HD5500 driver and the ALSA drivers (for a chaintech AV7.1), but I'm pretty sure this is an ALSA/Knoppmyth problem. Basically it causes a Kernel panic on reboots and shutdowns.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote
pilesofspam

OK- so it turns out you can adjust this in MythTv in the mythtv-setup under the channel menu. Each individual channel must be adjusted to your taste of contrast, hue, brightness, etc, and you don't get a sample image to check out. I couldn't find a set of values that looked good to me, and even though it looked better, the image got really mpeg-pixelly, as if the image was losing its signal or missing some index frames (even though this is an svideo port).

Anybody see this before? Otherwise I'll just add an analog capture card.
NTSC brightness and contrast
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup