pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> HD3000, Eeprom and no 8802 in lspci
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
HD3000, Eeprom and no 8802 in lspci
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote
onepennyshort

I have a HD3000 card which I love. Unforuntily, somewhere along adding it to a new Core 2 Duo, something on the card broke. The 8800 function and the 8804 function still show up, but the 8802 (MPEG port) no longer does in either the driver or the lspci. Some people on the DVB list speculated that this might be due to the EEPROM getting corrupted.

a) Is it possible to update the eeprom or
b) Is there anything that anyone would suggest to try troubleshooting this?

I have put the card back into the original motherboard, and it is now failing there was weel, even when it is the only card (other then the video card) in the system.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Jim

for future reference, were you wearing a wrist strap when doing all this? I find many problems, and permanent ones, are caused by not observing antistatic precautions.
Hopefully something reprogrammed and broke your eeprom data rather than physical destruction. I have several hd3000's in storage and worry about this in case b'cast flag stuff is only resort.
I am on the side of hardware to component level, and know little about the C+ stuff though I love learning it. Tell me the eeprom chip number, I am playing with learning embedded programming etc, and have usb eeprom programmer. I am in my late 50's, so I am slow. You piqued my interest, as I had not thought of eeproms on my hd3000's but that is a given so to speak. Jim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:46 am Reply with quote
onepennyshort

Jim wrote:
for future reference, were you wearing a wrist strap when doing all this? I find many problems, and permanent ones, are caused by not observing antistatic precautions.
Hopefully something reprogrammed and broke your eeprom data rather than physical destruction. I have several hd3000's in storage and worry about this in case b'cast flag stuff is only resort.
I am on the side of hardware to component level, and know little about the C+ stuff though I love learning it. Tell me the eeprom chip number, I am playing with learning embedded programming etc, and have usb eeprom programmer. I am in my late 50's, so I am slow. You piqued my interest, as I had not thought of eeproms on my hd3000's but that is a given so to speak. Jim

Nope, but I was on a anti-static mat, with a humidifier in the room.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Jim

Good. More likely it is a software issue rather something broken. Please come back and tell us of the cure or if you give up, dont leave us hanging. Jim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Jim

Oh, and does anyone know if his card uses I2C system for his eeprom? Jim

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics