pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> Knoppmyth over the air set up problem
Knoppmyth over the air set up problem
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:54 pm Reply with quote
jfitzmyer

I recently added a 5500 card to a working R5D1 setup. The intention was to use it for over the air HD reception as I live approximately 4.5 miles from the transmission antennas for 5 or 6 local stations. I also wanted to use the Radio Shack 15-1892 indoor antenna.

I installed the card and rebooted. I was taken to the set up routine and proceded to set up the card. When I went to detect the local channels I watched a screen labled Scan Progress show a locked status for a few local channels with a 99% signal strength and a 0% signal/noise. After the scan finnished the screen showed 80 some channels most showing "Timeout scanning ATSC channel xx - No Signal." The few local channels read "Timeout scanning ATSC channel yy - No Table."

What does a strong signal and no signal/noise mean?

It appears to me I don't have any channels detected. Any ideas as to the next step?

Thanks!
Same problem
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote
sbad

I, too, am having this same issue at this time. Any resolution? I'll post the answer when I figure it all out. However, its a little disappointing that noone has gotten back to you after a month.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:03 pm Reply with quote
nybbler

As far as I know, MythTV does not get the signal or SNR right for the PC5500 card in any revision. So what the numbers mean is probably nothing.

The "no table" thing sounds like you might be getting only marginal reception of your digital channels; enough to get a partial lock but not enough to get data.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quote
crp724

I had this issue too.

Quit the backend
Code:

/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend stop

Enter into setup
Code:
alt+s

Delete your capture cards
Add a new capture card and make sure it is using the DVB driver, not the v4l or hd5500 driver!

Resetup your input connections and rescan channels.

Hope this helps
Knoppmyth over the air set up problem
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup