pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> How do you install the hd-5500 for both hd and sd capturing?
How do you install the hd-5500 for both hd and sd capturing?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:50 am Reply with quote
sproggo

Hey, so I've started to do research into getting capture card(s). I want to be able to capture the HD signal from my HD antennae (OTA) as well as the SD signal from my standard cable. Supossedly the hd-5500 supports both hd and sd.

I'm having trouble locating an install guide or a good review that goes over how the thing physically hooks up. Naturally I assume the coax is for the HD signal.

So, how does one hook up the analog SD feed? Do I need a coax -> s-video converter or is there some cable included in the package that enables you to hook up to RCA or another coax connector? I've read somewhere about an additional cable included, but haven't confirmed it or seen good pictures.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quote
nybbler

You can't record from two sources that way with this card. You can do both analog and digital, but only if they are on the same coax.

NTSC analog cards are pretty cheap, so if you have enough PCI slots you'd be best off just buying one.

I'm assuming you're talking about in-the-clear cable with no cable box. If you have a cable box with the right outputs, you can use the composite or S-video input on the pcHDTV card.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:51 pm Reply with quote
sproggo

Yes, you are right, no cable box, coax straight from the wall and a coax straight from my antennae. Yeah, I'm researching for putting a new computer together in the coming months. Ok, so sounds like I need at least 2 PCI slots for the two capture cards.
How do you install the hd-5500 for both hd and sd capturing?
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup