pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> HD-2000 not available anymore?
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
HD-2000 not available anymore?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:04 am Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone knows if the HD-2000 is still being produced and sold, as the website has been showing a "temporarily out of stock" message for a while now, and I really want to get my hands on one so I can build my HD-PVR. Emailing sales@pchdtv.com has gotten me nothing (not even a form-reply).

Alternatively, if anyone has an extra card they'd like to part with, let me know and I'll gladly take it off your hands (assuming the price is reasonable) Very Happy

drait 'at' lemures 'dot' net

Thanks.
They still sell it
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:21 am Reply with quote
Art

I bought my pretty recently. I thought, I would have to wait because the website says they are out-of-stock. However, the card arrived three days later.
HD-3000 Coming soon?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:35 am Reply with quote

I emailed sales@pchdtv.com last night (8/19) and got this reply this morning:

We are currently out of stock and trying to get a few more HD-2000 cards
in. Unfortunately we don't know how many and when they will arrive.
We will also be introducing the HD-3000 card next month which is a
similar universal 3.3v PCI card with one RF, svideo, composite video
input. The card uses the latest chips from Conexant and Oren
Semiconductor and will be in the $189 - $199 range. We will email you
as soon as they go on sale.

Best Regards,

Jack Kelliher
pcHDTV, Inc.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:00 am Reply with quote

I emailed Jack with a few specific questions. Here is most of what I got:

We will be introducing the HD-3000 card a similar universal 3.3v pci card with one RV, svideo and composite input that uses the latest Conexant and Oren chips. It will be in the $189 - $199 range and is expected to go on sale next month. It will be similar and send data over the PCI bus. I will not loop directly to a video card or overlay the signal. It will not use the broadcast flag and will remain open source for the drivers. We will email you when they go on sale.
I hope it's a better value than it appears...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:59 pm Reply with quote
HTPC enthusiast

Sounds expensive, given the current competition.

I hope it really DOES use the absolute best chips and provides the highest quality, because at ~$200, it's quite pricey given that it uses publicly-available GPL'd software and does not provide hardware decoding. For that price you can buy a W*ndows (software decoder) card AND enthusiast-quality playback software...

Quote:
We will be introducing the HD-3000 card a similar universal 3.3v pci card with one RV, svideo and composite input that uses the latest Conexant and Oren chips. It will be in the $189 - $199 range and is expected to go on sale next month.
Expensive? Naw...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:17 am Reply with quote

Seems about the right price, given that ATI is shipping the HDTV Wonder in limited quantities for around that price point. Does "enthusiast quality" mean that it looks like an enthusiast, rather than a professional programmer, wrote it? Laughing I don't think anybody's been handing out awards to ATI for their software designs on their TV Wondere/All In Wonder apps...

Price isn't the reason I'm interested in this card. Not saying I'd pay as much for one as one with h/w decoders like a MYHD card, but being free from the stuff that gets shipped with a Fusion or ATI card is a big plus IMHO.
HD-2000 not available anymore?
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics