pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> Encoding and playing back dolby digital and DTS ?
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Encoding and playing back dolby digital and DTS ?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Mudit

Hi,

I'm new to the HDTV and esp the pc cards. So, please excuse me if my question is somewhat confusing and/or stupid.

I believe that the HDTV broadcast has the dolby digital audio. Will I be able to save the dolby digital (AC-3 ?) stream correctly and able to play it back using the spdif port on the audio card ?

I believe the audio out on the HD-3000 will not give me DD sound ?

Thanks

Mudit
It's embedded.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:59 pm Reply with quote
TomP

The dolby digital stream is imbedded in the MPEG-2 stream, along with the video. The audio connector is only for the NTSC sound output (old Standard Definition TV).
it should work
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:21 pm Reply with quote
mspice

If it is true that the mpeg2 stream has the dolby digital embeded then it should work. I have a SB Live with digital out and it works just fine going out ot my receiver. The only bad thing is that I sometimes get an extra delay with the digital out. I'm not sure why. I have a new MB/CPU now so I'll be anxious if it is still present with the new MythTV and my HD-3000 card.

Michael
Encoding and playing back dolby digital and DTS ?
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics