pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> No signal w/ ATSC antenna
No signal w/ ATSC antenna
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quote
jarrednicholls

Hi All,

I'm running a Fecora Core 6 machine, w/ a vanilla kernel 2.6.20-rc6 (the latest prepatch, because I heard 2.6.18 and 2.6.19 have signal problems), and even w/ 2.6.20-rc6, dtvsignal reports 0 as my signals. I know all of the necessary modules are running, and the devices are created appropriately (dtvsignal opens them just fine), and dmesg looks clean, except I get a "cx88 timeout" message everytime the device is opened w/ dtvsignal.

Any clue? I originally had an Ubuntu Edgy installation w/ 2.6.17 kernel and I was getting a signal just fine w/ dtvsignal. I've used the 1.0.4 and the 2.6.18-19 version of dvb-atsc-tools. MythTV, when doing a channel scan on the Broadcast 8-vsb using my dvb:0 card, gives me absolutely no channels/signal.

I thought this was suppose to be easy Smile

Thanks!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quote
jarrednicholls

Damnit! I reinstalled Ubuntu Edgy and still didn't get it to work. Of course the difference this time is that I installed the latest v4l-dvb modules rather than the drivers from the CD that came with the card. Let me try that real quick...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quote
jarrednicholls

No dice! This is starting to get ridiculous. How can I tell whether or not I have a bad card? Everything appears to be just fine, but these diagnostic tools are reporting nothing back. Dtvsignal is at 0, getatsc just sits there and says "argv[1] 13" or whatever, and dtvsnr (I tried it for the heck of it, even though I don't have 2.6.18, i have 2.6.17 in Ubuntu Edgy) just says "No lock", which is what MythTV's channel scanner says when scanning.

I need some real support here, I'd appreciate it. If this card doesn't work, I'd like to return it and receive my money back.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:12 am Reply with quote
danomano

I have the same problem, and I too am running FC-6...

Does this card NOT work??? does this software work with hd5500???

what gives?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:11 am Reply with quote
dbsteffy

Same here.

Same antenna/cable gets good signal on my HDTV, but dtvsignal shows 0 for all channels I've tried.

Seems to show up fine in lspci, drivers appear to be latest, etc. FC6 (2.6.20-1.2944-fc6).

I've read the basic threads/FAQnb here, and on other sites (gossamer, e.g.) but not finding anything relevant to my situation.

If this is a thread of three newbies, can someone put us out of our misery and point us to something? Confused I'm out of things to try.

I don't want to try to return this card; I want it to work! Smile

dbs.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quote
danomano

don't bother the tools they ship don't work..

I got mine working just fine with myth tv 20.1 (it won't work under 20.0+ you have to have 20.1+)

good luck.

if you used Jared's howto for fc 6, this post shows you how to switch to bleeding repros which worked great for me Smile

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3266
No signal w/ ATSC antenna
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup