pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> How I plan on having Cable/OTA with HD-3000
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
How I plan on having Cable/OTA with HD-3000
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:16 am Reply with quote
mnman19

Hey, thought I'd post this as I thought I saw a question about a splitter and stuff, but can't seem to find the post.

I bought an antenna for ~$25 after pricematching to WM. It was on BB and CC's website but no longer appear to be. It is "HDTV approved" and has a 3-way switch that bypasses the cable through it as well as amplifying OTA beautifully. The only downside that one might have is the switch is tiny (need to use finger nail) and you'd have to get off the couch to change between Cable and HDTV. Also, the "integrated cord" is only 3' and not as high quality as this wannabe-hdtvphile would like. OTA signal still comes in with the switch on Cable, but the cable signal does not come in at all when the OTA is amplified.

Hope this helps
HD-3000 will support QAM cable eventually
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:23 am Reply with quote
manyoso

At least that is the word on the street. The HD-3000 will have the hardware necessary to support unencrypted QAM digital cable TV. The only remaining task is to support it via the drivers. The pchdtv folks are working on this.
How I plan on having Cable/OTA with HD-3000
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics