pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> HD-3000 shipping info?
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
HD-3000 shipping info?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:24 pm Reply with quote
mnman19

Hey, just wanted to post to forum as I don't want to hassel true support lines but has anyone received an email with shipping info for their 3000 yet? I order it on 10/20 and got a receipt right away, as well as charged to my credit card but no tracking email or anything today. I can enter in my order number on the support page and it brings up all valid info.

- Thanks
Re: HD-3000 shipping info?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:11 am Reply with quote
manyoso

mnman19 wrote:
Hey, just wanted to post to forum as I don't want to hassel true support lines but has anyone received an email with shipping info for their 3000 yet? I order it on 10/20 and got a receipt right away, as well as charged to my credit card but no tracking email or anything today. I can enter in my order number on the support page and it brings up all valid info.

- Thanks

I ordered mine on the 20th too and had the same experience as you. However, I just received an email last night that my HD-3000 is on the way. Very excited to see how it works Smile
I didn't get an email
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:36 am Reply with quote
mspice

I ordered mine on 10/25. I haven't gotten anything saying that it has shipped yet. I wasn't worried until you said that you already got an email saying that yours has shipped! I paid for 2 day shipping and put a rush on all of the rest of the parts for my PVR. I was expecting to get it on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. If you already have a shipping email then I guess I can forget that Sad

When I checked out it told me that it should ship on Novemeber 8th. My email was down at the time so I didn't get my order confirmation email. My email has been working since that so I don't know why I wouldn't have gotten a shipping email.

Michael
Re: I didn't get an email
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:47 am Reply with quote
manyoso

mspice wrote:
I ordered mine on 10/25. I haven't gotten anything saying that it has shipped yet. I wasn't worried until you said that you already got an email saying that yours has shipped! I paid for 2 day shipping and put a rush on all of the rest of the parts for my PVR. I was expecting to get it on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest. If you already have a shipping email then I guess I can forget that Sad

When I checked out it told me that it should ship on Novemeber 8th. My email was down at the time so I didn't get my order confirmation email. My email has been working since that so I don't know why I wouldn't have gotten a shipping email.

Michael

My email came at 11:18 PM EST last night. All it said was: "Your pcHDTV order has shipped. Thank you for shopping pcHDTV. Your order shipped via USPS Priority mail."

When I ordered it said it'd ship on November 8th just like yours. Now, I ordered on the 20th so perhaps they are shipping them out in order. Anyway, I imagine yours will not be far back. I know how you feel though, it was hard to learn that LOTR: Fellowship was playing in HD on the 7th ... while my card wasn't due until shortly after Wink
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:53 am Reply with quote
mnman19

Hey, got the email too, 11:19 EST, so I guess I ordered after you Mad also probably due to the slashdotting of their site. Am I to assume that USPS doesn't have tracking? And where is pcHDTV based that I could make a guestimation of delivery?
maybe the difference is in the shipping method
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:02 am Reply with quote
mspice

Both of you seem to have gotten standard USPS shipping. I paid for one step up (I think it was 2 day shipping). Perhaps the different shipping methods is involved in why I didn't get a shipping email yet. Has anyone who ordered something besides USPS gotten an email yet?

Michael
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:08 am Reply with quote
manyoso

mnman19 wrote:
Hey, got the email too, 11:19 EST, so I guess I ordered after you Mad also probably due to the slashdotting of their site. Am I to assume that USPS doesn't have tracking? And where is pcHDTV based that I could make a guestimation of delivery?

I don't think they have tracking, no. I believe pcHDTV is based somewhere in Utah (that was in one of the email's I received IIRC).
Even though no email, my card(s) DID ship!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:49 pm Reply with quote
mspice

I emailed support (I know, I'm sorry for using their time but I'm really anxious to get my cards) and they replied. Jack Kelliher replied and said that my card did ship, just not until today. Yay! Very Happy

I have to say, I'm really impressed with this company. I love the way the products are presented (techincal info first), the existance of the support forum, the Linux-first support, and the CEO responding so politely to little questions like mine. It is obvious that this is a small but very talented and dedicated company.

Michael
Mine shipped too
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:09 pm Reply with quote
cmumford

I ordered mine on 10/24 and got my shipping confirmation email on 11/10. Shipped via USPS. Very Happy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:08 pm Reply with quote

I received e-mail on the 8th and my order today (10th) via USPS.

Unfortunately, the HD3000 card I installed is not detected by BIOS or lspci. I'm not sure what's wrong and I hesitate to open the other box yet.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:42 pm Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I received e-mail on the 8th and my order today (10th) via USPS.

Unfortunately, the HD3000 card I installed is not detected by BIOS or lspci. I'm not sure what's wrong and I hesitate to open the other box yet.

lspci didnt show my card when I popped it in as well. I swapped the card to a different pci slot and did a reset of the resources (ESCD reset). When it booted again, it showed up as video devices:

Vendor ID:Product ID
14f1:8800
14f1:8802
not sure where I am at in the process
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:49 am Reply with quote
starr

I have installed the card but it seems not to be found by several programs such as zapping, ktv.... I am on suse 9.2 and I have installed xine-hd so far what or where in the next step... I am using channel 4 signal feed from dish network? My board is MSI 2.4 ghz intel 1.5 gb of ram and Nivida 5200 128 megs on the card. its a dual boot machine

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics