pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General Topics -> ntsc+qam mythtv lineup scheme?
ntsc+qam mythtv lineup scheme?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:33 am Reply with quote
mik

I've got my hd5500 system (mostly) working including both analog (ntsc) and digital (qam256) reception on the hd5500.

But: I'm having trouble getting all the scheduling (zap2it) right, so I'm looking for suggestions on how to set things up. I currently have things set up so that I use one zap2it lineup (cable), connected to two myth "sources" (analog, digital), connected to three myth connections (hd5500 qam->digital, hd5500 ntsc->analog, pvr150 ntsc->analog). The problem is that mythfilldatabase seems to be deselecting all my non-dtv channels from my lineups (see doc for -remove-new-channels argument), which messes with the live-tv channel editor (won't find "deleted" channels), etc.

I'd rather be using different zap2it lineups, but it won't let me create duplicates, and the other options available to me don't seem to have exactly the right channels. Options that I can think of include:
- create a second zap2it account for my dtv lineup. Should work, but might be a violation of their terms of service.
- use a different zipcode for dtv. but the "providers" turn out to be the same.. so far haven't found one that both covers the channels I want and zap2it will let me add.
- use a totally different signal provider, e.g. over-the-air or fios. This works, but then I lose access to the cable-only dtv channels that comcast happens to rebroadcast.

Suggestions?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:54 am Reply with quote
nybbler

I have a similar problem. Only solutions I can come up with are to patch mythfilldatabase not to do that, and to set up multiple zap2it accounts.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quote
bzlxj

I tried to do something similar... it just doesn't work. I had the ATSC on the 5500 working and the NTSC on a PVR150 working. I then added all of the channels I wanted to zap2it and directed this source to both cards. *** BUT the ATSC card doesn't know what to do when Myth tries to tune it to an NTSC channel and vice versa. Therefore, you have to have a clean zap2it lineup for each tuner type and source.

Mine is straightforward... all OTA broadcasts. I have ATSC lineup and one NTSC lineup. Now, when I pick a channel that isn't in the ATSC card's lineup, Myth switches cards. The only hitch I noticed, is that channel up and down only scrolls through the channels available to the current tuner (all NTSC or all ATSC, not both.) I have to use the Program Guide if I want to see everything available for viewing.
ntsc+qam mythtv lineup scheme?
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General Topics