pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> Straight HDTV Closed Caption Question...
Straight HDTV Closed Caption Question...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:58 pm Reply with quote
mattt8

Hi!
I know this isn't exactly the right forum to post this, so, if you have a URL that would be better suited for my question, feel free to reply with that instead of with the answer.

I saw that there was some great technical stuff here on HDTV closed captioning...I know that it was in regard to the pcHDTV functionality, but I thought I'd give this a whirl anyway.

My parents have a Panasonic TH50PX500U 50" HD PLASMA TV, and I went into setup and set the analog to CC1 and the Digital to Primary.

For one thing, the Analog works fine, but it only appears in 2 lines and only at the top of the screen. Is there a way to move it to the bottom of the screen or do ANYTHING with it? I tried setting it to CC2/3/4, those seemed to do nothing.

Then, the Digital I set to Primary and no results...maybe because it was during the day on a "sports Sunday", nothing seemed to happen on the HD channels. Maybe tonight during Prime Time, it will work? I did think the "fancy schmancy" multiple digital settings capability seemed cool, but again, there seemed to be no way to move WHEREVER it was going to position itself.

Any thoughts?

Anything you could offer would be helpful...

Thanks

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup