pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Driver Issues -> Windows Vista Drivers
Windows Vista Drivers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:05 am Reply with quote
Orrin77

I'm dual booting with Windows Vista (32 bit). I can't find my PCHDTV 5500 CD. Where can I download the Windows drivers?

Thanks.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:56 am Reply with quote
waterhead

On the pcHDTV web site, go to "Downloads-->Software shipped on CD's-->CD_pcHDTV-v2.0.tar.gz (Most Current HD-5500 5/22/2006)"

The file is a compressed tar and gzip file. You may need to uncompress it on a Linux PC.

Also, the driver is for Windows XP, it may not work correctly in Vista.

Paul

1024GB RAM
nVidia 6600GT
pcHDTV HD-3000
Air2PC PCI
MythTV 0.21
Thanks
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:55 am Reply with quote
Orrin77

Thanks, waterhead.

My experience:
I used 7Zip to decompress the file. The drivers installed with no problem in Vista, and the ATSC tuner was recognized by Media Center. However, I get no signal strength at all for all over the air HD channels. I am also not able to make use of the NTSC tuner to watch SD cable. My only option within Media Center is 'Digital TV Tuner.'

I haven't put much effort into trying to get this to work further other than to disable the ATSC tuner within Device Manager in the hopes of getting Media Center to see the NTSC tuner. No luck there, though. Disabling the ATSC tuner also takes out the NTSC tuner device as well.

I'll provide an update if I make any progress. Has anyone else had any success with this?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:27 am Reply with quote
waterhead

Just a thought, there are other capture cards that use the same LG 5th generation tuner(LG H062F). Dvico is one of them. I see that their driver is a Vista driver included in the driver package. You may try something like that, to see what happens.

The Dvico driver is inside of a massive software package. They offer a separate driver package, but I looked at it, and don't see a vista driver in it (I opened it in Linux with wine and cabextract).

Here's a list of some cards, and the tuners in them:
http://www.enigmaindustries.com/Enigmavision/HDTV%20Links.htm

Remember, I am only suggesting this as a possible solution. I have not tried this. First, make a backup of your drive, if you think you need to. Smile

P.S. - I found a "vista" driver for the Airstar HD-5000 it is a "beta" driver:
http://www.technisat.de/download/en/soft/441B20070306web.zip

Good luck

1024GB RAM
nVidia 6600GT
pcHDTV HD-3000
Air2PC PCI
MythTV 0.21
Thanks again
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:30 am Reply with quote
Orrin77

Thanks for the info. I'll give those options a try. It'll be a few days, though. I ended up having to take my new motherboard back because it was giving me problems.
Couldn't get it to work
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Orrin77

I tried installing the drivers you suggested as well as a few others for the same chipset, but I wasn't successful. Windows said the drivers weren't for my device.

Maybe they really would work, but the .inf files are specific to another device. I've seen in the past that you can tweak the .inf file to get it to work for another device, but I'm not familiar enough with the process to do this without a little help.

The last drivers I tried were from here:
ftp://ftp.dvico.com/Products/FusionHDTV/down/FusionHDTV%203.62.01_Web.exe

Does it look to you like they should work? If so, would you be able to help me modify the .inf so that Windows recognizes it as being for my PCHDTV 5500 card?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:02 pm Reply with quote
waterhead

I don't know anything about modifying the .inf files.

Have you tried to use the other drivers via the device manager? Open the device manager, find the card that you want to change, right click and select "update driver".

When it asks for the driver, point it to the specific driver that you want to install.

As for the .inf files, I'm sure each manufacturer has an identifying number of some kind, embedded in the card. This would maybe what you need to change.

Just guessing Smile

Paul

1024GB RAM
nVidia 6600GT
pcHDTV HD-3000
Air2PC PCI
MythTV 0.21
Windows Vista Drivers
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Driver Issues