pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> HD-5500 MythTV 0.20.2 Capture Card Setup issues
HD-5500 MythTV 0.20.2 Capture Card Setup issues
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:32 pm Reply with quote
nitro001

Hello,
I currently have an Hauppauge PVR-150 that I have been using for over a year now and have just recieved a HD-5500 for Christmas I am trying to configure in conjunction with it.

I am currently running Fedora Core 7, I had to upgrade from 6 because I could not get both cards to recognize at the OS level, the dsp devices would not initialize. Now, from reading the boards over and over, I figure I have to configure the HD-5500 as a DVB device. I am currently in a Time Warner cable provider area in North Eastern Ohio, but do not subscribe to their Digital Cable tier yet, so it is just NTSC cable signals.

When I try to configure the card as DVB, it brings along the Analog V4L TV, Composite and S-Video connections along with the DVB input. I created a new Video source name seperate from the PVR-150 using data-direct but using the same account and source listings. I attached the source to the Television V4L connection, scanned for channels which it found channels, but when I try to tune them it shows nothing on the screen, mythtv shows 6: Television Signal 0% | BE 0 | (1) No Lock. When I try to scan for DVB channels, since I do not subscribe to Digital Cable, it does not detect anything yet.

However, if I create a new Capture card (and keep or delete old one), of an Analog Video4Linux, pointing to the same v4L source of the HD-5500, and attach the new video source to that television input instead, it will tune the channels just fine, however, I do get a white line across the top, which I think is part of the VBI overscan, but I don't know how to fix it...

So, do I have to keep this system as two seperate cards, eventhough the V4L inputs appear under the DVB input for the card? If not, what can I do to configure the V4L to work under the DVB?

Also, what can I do about the VBI overscan for the NTSC Signal I am recieving on the V4L Driver?

Sorry for the long post.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Classified

There is a vertical offset adjustment within MythTV. It is under the Appreance setup menu.

I would like the MythTV guys to make the pcHDTV5500 capture card setup choices a little clearer as well.

The good news is that I have it working with no problems in Mythbuntu.
HD-5500 MythTV 0.20.2 Capture Card Setup issues
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup