pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> dtvscan finds nothing
dtvscan finds nothing
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:15 am Reply with quote
colatech

I recently used my 5500 card in two Fedora Core 6 systems, with different results.

Sysem A, a P4 1.4GHz, with a decent N-Vidia card, successfully detects dtv channels with dtvscan, in a given area. (However, playing in xine is severely choppy on this system - i'll research and inquire on this later)

I also inserted same card into system B, a Pentium D, and installed the software tools on it as well. However, dtvscan on System B finds nothing, in same area.

I copied "channels.conf" (for xine) created on System A, to System B, and was able to play dvb through xine on System B, in spite of dtvscan finding nothing on same system.

(System B playback is near perfect, except that every 15-20 minutes something goes wrong and playback becomes congested and choppy. Pausing and unpausing seems to clear this up)

What could I have forgotten to install or configure on System B, so that dtvscan on it finds nothing?
Re: dtvscan finds nothing
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quote
colatech

I downloaded and installed the kernel 2.17.+ driver, and now system B scan yields something (it detected fewer stations, but so far i've only tried it in a different geographic region and different antenna from those where i had success with system A).

(the modules loaded properly only after a reboot)

The system in question has kernel 2.6.18

apparently, the driver bundled with the kernel had a glitch with dtvscan.
dtvscan finds nothing
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup