pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> HD-2000/3000 drivers -> pcHDTV HD-3000 and PCI Voltage
pcHDTV HD-3000 and PCI Voltage
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:42 am Reply with quote
joshua

I have two HD-3000 cards in my system, and I think I've confirmed that I'm having a problem with my power supply interfering in the reception of QAM. After some googling, it looks like this is a well known problem, so I'm looking for some advice.

I have a pretty modern power supply (Antec 500W Smart Power 2.0) in a home build computer. It has all the right connectors for my 4 SATA hard drives and 2 IDE hard drives, as well as my video card and DVD drive and my Abit AV8 (AMD64) motherboard, but I can't get QAM channels from my cable company (they skip and "chirp"). I tried all that I could think of to fix this (isolating IRQs, disabling the nvidia video drivers, removing the video card all together, changing PCI slots, disconnecting power to all extra hard disks, etc). The only thing that worked was taking an 8 year old power supply out of a Dell and using that to power one hard drive, the graphics card, and the motherboard. That gave me perfectly clear digital cable channels.

My question is, how can I tell which new power supplies in a store will provide a clean 5V to the HD-3000 cards? I don't know what numbers to look for in specifications, or what most of them mean.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote
waterhead

I can't really help you with your problem, but I know of another forum where you may find some help. It is the forum section of BadCaps.net:
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/

Don't let the name throw you off. PSU's have capacitors, and they often go bad. The guys at that forum are pretty smart, and can usually offer some help. Just keep in mind that they are mostly Windows users, so keep the Linux speak to a minimum or they won't know what you are talking about.

(Paul S from Badcaps.net)

1024GB RAM
nVidia 6600GT
pcHDTV HD-3000
Air2PC PCI
MythTV 0.21
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:50 am Reply with quote
044hnoor

Try other things besides XvMC (perhaps make it lowercase; also xv, x11, etc., although I forget the names for xine).

Save your time and get on time success in Pass4sure security+ and test king to exams 300-115 ccnp routing by using our latest and other superb pass resources of Quincy University and Southwestern College
pcHDTV HD-3000 and PCI Voltage
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> HD-2000/3000 drivers