pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> Snow on analog channels
Snow on analog channels
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:47 pm Reply with quote
hdevine

I had to reinstall my Mythtv box due to a failed SATA controller, so I figured that I'd put Mythbuntu 9.04 on (64 bit version). I have the DVB portion of my pcHDTV 5500 card working perfectly. The Analog portion however gives me nothing but green snowy static. I know that the signal is coming in because I can tune a digital station and it tunes fine. I can also tune an analog station via TVTime and it comes in. Lastly, I can put the cable directly into the TV and it tunes fine.

I have the "Open DVB on demand" setting checked as I've read elsewhere, but that seems to make no difference. I know I had this working on Mythbuntu 8.10.

I have full details (such as logs, etc.) on the MythTV users list in this thread: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/392166?search_string=snow%20on%20analog%20stations;#392166. Thus far, nobody over there has been able to provide any clues on what is going on. Everything I read as far as the errors in the log suggest that I need "Open DVB on demand" checked, which I have.

Thanks for any help,
Harry
Snow on analog channels
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup