pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> MythTV splitting "Unknown" recordings into 30 min
MythTV splitting "Unknown" recordings into 30 min
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote
Sidicas

I probably messed with some option somewhere, not knowing what it did and for the life of me can't find it...

Whenever I'm recording from the composite-in, Mythtv breaks up the recording into 30 minute chucks. So if I'm recording a 2 hour home video from a VCR tape, it breaks it up into 4 video files... There's got to be some darn little option somewhere that I accidently messed with and now I can't find.. So if anybody knows what's up, I'd appreciate it.. I have channel listings disabled on the V4L Analog inputs so it's NOT that it's picking up the composite as a series of 30-minute unknown blocks, at least, it doesn't seem to be.. The guide even shows "Unknown" stretching on to infinity as one long show..

Precisely 30 minutes long and *snip*... I'm completely stumped on this one.. I've been through every option in every menu and I'm not seeing it.

Whenever I specifically go in and record an ATSC show that's 2 hours long, MythTV records the entire 2 hour show as one video file... Weird...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote
Sidicas

Nevermind, I found that manually scheduling a recording to start 5 minutes before the current time and then end 4 hours into the future is the way to do it..
MythTV splitting "Unknown" recordings into 30 min
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup