pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup -> PCHDTV 5500 installation on Ubuntu 11.04
PCHDTV 5500 installation on Ubuntu 11.04
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
williamob198

Up until now I HAD considered myself an advanced novice or possibly even lower intermediate Linux user. Getting this card to work however is killing me!

I can't seem to get the driver to even install. When I run 'make', I get the following:

williamob198@williamob198-Desktop:~/Downloads/v4l-dvb$ make
make -C /home/williamob198/Downloads/v4l-dvb/v4l
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/williamob198/Downloads/v4l-dvb/v4l'
scripts/make_makefile.pl
creating symbolic links...
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.38-8-generic/build SUBDIRS=/home/williamob198/Downloads/v4l-dvb/v4l modules
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.38-8-generic'
CC [M] /home/williamob198/Downloads/v4l-dvb/v4l/flexcop-pci.o
In file included from /home/williamob198/Downloads/v4l-dvb/v4l/flexcop-pci.c:10:0:
/home/williamob198/Downloads/v4l-dvb/v4l/flexcop-common.h:11:26: fatal error: linux/config.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[3]: *** [/home/williamob198/Downloads/v4l-dvb/v4l/flexcop-pci.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [_module_/home/williamob198/Downloads/v4l-dvb/v4l] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.38-8-generic'
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/williamob198/Downloads/v4l-dvb/v4l'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I tried cloning the V4L drivers off of their media repository (or whatever it is) and that seemed to make things worse as prior to installing those the card was at least being recognized by MeTV and Kaffeine although channel scanning wasn't working. When I ran dmesg I did get the driver info however.

Now I'm not getting anything from dmesg and it's not being recognized by any software programs although lspci does show it as present.

Bottom line, I sure could use a "this is how to make your card work in Ubuntu" walk through. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:15 pm Reply with quote
nausser

I have recently upgraded to Mythbuntu 11.04 from 10.10 and had absolutely no setup required to get my HD5500 working. I'm quite sure the support is native in the kernel.

With that said. The upgrade to 11.04 has made my recordings which use my HD5500 DVB input for QAM are now a little shaky. Recordings were always crystal clear in the past and now with 11.04, I have what I call digitizing or pixelation. The audio scrambles once in a while as well. When the HD picture is clear, it is very clear. The jumbled pixels have just gotten be be too much to regularly use the card.

I know this likely doesn't help, however, since I did nothing to get it working on my system, I can't be much more help than to describe my scenario.

All the best!

pcHDTV Forum Index -> Installation/Setup