pcHDTV Forum

pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics -> Can not capture video/sound with HD3000
Can not capture video/sound with HD3000
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:00 pm Reply with quote
bashley101

I have followed the steps given by an earlier post in this forum entitled "How to record from composite/stereo inputs" by hobbyman (t=7173). The first solution proposed does not work at all; I get absolutely no sound.

Following he final solution, which is now 2.6 years old, by adamofdc949, I get sound but the volume is so low as to be nearly imperceptible and the sync is about 2 seconds off. The sound level going into the HD3000 is high enough, and I can listen to the sound coming out of my audio card, but that sound is not being recorded at any acceptable level in the output
file.

This is the command I use; the newlines may not be placed properly here, but I can't do anything about that. Please try to figure it out.

mencoder tv:///1 -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:input=1:width=640:height=480:quality=90:alsa:adevice=hw.0,0:amode=\
1:audiorate=48000:forceaudio:volume=100:outfmt=yuy2:immediatemode=0 -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=\
900 -o test.avi

The setup I am using is the jury-rigged configuration having the video from the source going directly into the HD3000 and the audio going into the HD3000, back out of the HD3000, and thence into the audio card.

I am running kernel 2.6.37.6 and slackware 13.37. I have downloaded the latest firmware from PCHDTV.COM and am using the current version of dvd-atsc-tools-1.07.

While this is not of direct importance to me at this time, nothing seems to work on the digital TV front with OTA channels. dtvscan does not find ANY channels.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Can not capture video/sound with HD3000
  pcHDTV Forum Index -> General pcHDTV topics